Lambda fiber cannulae can be used to target large volumes of tissue. Taper optical properties allow to deliver light either to the full region of interest or sub-portions of it, depending on how light is launched into the fiber.
Sigma fibers offer further customization of light emission sites by nanopatterned metal masks realized on the taper surface.
Lambda fiber cannulae can collect light through the entire tapered surface. When site selective light delivery is used to excite functional fluorescence, multisite fiber photometry with a single fiber can be achieved.
// List of publications
Papers Featuring OptogeniX products
- Dacre J, Colligan M, et al., “A cerebellar-thalamocortical pathway drives behavioral context-dependent movement initiation“, Neuron
- Robert B, Kimchi EY, et al., “A functional topography within the cholinergic basal forebrain for processing sensory cues associated with reward and punishment “, eLife
- Alvarado JS, Goffinet J, et al., “Neural dynamics underliying birdsong practice and performance“, Nature
- Lee J & Sabatini B, “Striatal indirect pathway mediates exploration via collicular competition“, Nature
- Drake RAR, Steel KAJ, “Loss of cortical control over the descending pain modulatory system determines the development of the neuropathic pain state in rats” , eLife
- Hamilos AE, Spedicato G., et al., “Slowly evolving dopaminergic activity modulates the moment-to-moment probability of reward-related self-timed movements“, eLife
- Cruz BF, Soarez S, et al., “Striatal circuits support broadly opponent aspects of action suppression and production” , BioRxiv
- Ito H, Sales A, et al., Probabilistic, spinally-gated control of bladder pressure and autonomous micturition by Barrington’s nucleus CRH neurons , eLife
- Lee J, Wang W, et al., “Anatomically segregated basal ganglia pathways allow parallel behavioral modulation“, Nature Neuroscience
- Vincis R, Chen K, et al., “Dynamic Representation of Taste-Related Decisions in the Gustatory Insular Cortex of Mice“, Current Biology
- Hayat H, Regev N, et al., “Locus-coeruleus norepinephrine activity gates sensory-evoked awakenings from sleep“, Science Advances
- Fernandez-Lamo I, Gomez-Dominguez D, et al., “Proximodistal Organization of the CA2 Hippocampal Area“, Cell Rep
- Guo J, Sauerbrei B, et al., “Disrupting cortico-cerebellar communication impairs dexterity“, eLife
- Jackman SL, Chen CH, et al., “In Vivo Targeted Expression of Optogenetic Proteins Using Silk/AAV Films“, J. Vis. Exp.
- Fernandez DC, Fogerson PM, et al., “Light Affects Mood and Learning through Distinct Retina-Brain Pathways“, Cell