Bare tapered fibers (the Lambda fibers) can be used to target large volumes of tissue, either near-homogeneously or at different depths along the taper, depending on how light is launched into the fiber.
Sigma fibers offer further customization of light emission sites by nanopatterned metal masks realized on the taper surface.
Tapered fibers offer light collection capabilities that complement those of standard flat fibers, enabling light collection from large volumes of tissue and depth selectivity along the taper when site-selective light delivery is employed for florescence excitation.
the scientific world meets our fibers
- Robert B, Kimchi EY, et al., “A functional topography within the cholinergic basal forebrain for processing sensory cues associated with reward and punishment“, BioRxiv
- Cruz BF, Soarez S, et al., “Striatal circuits support broadly opponent aspects of action suppression and production” , BioRxiv
- Drake RAR, Steel KAJ, “Loss of cortical control over the descending pain modulatory system determines the development of the neuropathic pain state in rats” , BioRxiv
- Hamilos AE, Spedicato G., et al., “Dynamic dopaminergic activity controls the timing of self-timed movement“, BioRxiv
- Ito H, Sales A, et al., Probabilistic, spinally-gated control of bladder pressure and autonomous micturition by Barrington’s nucleus CRH neurons , eLife
- Lee J, Wang W, et al., “Anatomically segregated basal ganglia pathways allow parallel behavioral modulation“, Nature Neuroscience
- Vincis R, Chen K, et al., “Dynamic Representation of Taste-Related Decisions in the Gustatory Insular Cortex of Mice“, Current Biology
- Dacre J, Colligan M, et al., “Cerebellar-recipient motor thalamus drives behavioral context-specific movement initiation“, BioRxiv
- Hayat H, Regev N, et al., “Locus-coeruleus norepinephrine activity gates sensory-evoked awakenings from sleep“, Science Advances
- Fernandez-Lamo I, Gomez-Dominguez D, et al., “Proximodistal Organization of the CA2 Hippocampal Area“, Cell Rep
- Guo J, Sauerbrei B, et al., “Disrupting cortico-cerebellar communication impairs dexterity“, eLife
- Jackman SL, Chen CH, et al., “In Vivo Targeted Expression of Optogenetic Proteins Using Silk/AAV Films“, J. Vis. Exp.
- Fernandez DC, Fogerson PM, et al., “Light Affects Mood and Learning through Distinct Retina-Brain Pathways“, Cell